The Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is an accredited certification developed exclusively for funeral professionals.
An innovative high-quality certification program that encompasses education, grief support skills and turnkey resources. Professionals learn the gold standard of aftercare and the skills necessary to confidently provide quality aftercare services for the families and communities they serve.
Upcoming dates and locations coming soon!
$950 certification includes:
- Learning evidence-based best practices in aftercare
- How to create multiple programs and put them into practice
- How to market your programs
- How to build community connections
- How to create positive media opportunities
- Exclusive access to iCare™ suite of turnkey aftercare products
- Complimentary use of a customized iCare™ grief support web portal for your funeral home
- 1.05 CEU and 10.5 contact hours
- & more!
The importance of certification
The CAS designation is the gold standard for quality and ethical practices in aftercare and the only accredited aftercare credentialing that can be achieve in the funeral industry. Those who earn the CAS credential are designated as funeral service professionals who are dedicated to investing in family and community care. It establishes credibility and expertise in the field of bereavement skills with delivery of effective, useful and quality outreach.
The certification aligns with the NFDA’s Pursuit of Excellence award by helping funeral professionals to develop and execute a program or service that has a positive impact on those served.
The Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is approved by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice for 1.05 continuing education credits and 10.5 contact hours (APFSP Category A).HOST TRAINING
To host a training and earn free registration, contact Linda Findlay at 315-725-6132 or submit the form below.
HOW IT WORKS
Your organization serves as the host, and provides:
- Meeting space that can accommodate classroom style seating for up to 25 people to include tables and chairs
- Projector, screen, audio connections and mic
- Full-day beverage service
- Course promotion to other funeral professionals and organizations
- Requires minimum of 10 registrants
International Grief Institute provides the training, and:
- Covers expenses for all instructors
- All training material
- Website registration
- 1 complimentary registration to your organization for every 10 registrants
- 10.5 contact hours of instruction and 1.05 CEUs accredited by the APFSP
- Registration and processing, continuing education approval application to state licensing boards
- Post-training continuing education processing as required