The Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is an accredited certification developed exclusively for funeral professionals.
An innovative high-quality certification program that encompasses education, grief support skills and turnkey resources. Professionals learn the gold standard of aftercare and the skills necessary to confidently provide quality aftercare services for the families and communities they serve.
Upcoming dates and locations coming soon!
$950 certification includes:
- Aftercare best practices
- How to create your grief support program
- How to market your aftercare program
- Building community connections
- Access to the iCare™ suite of aftercare products for your clients
- Custom URL to iCare™ grief support portal to attach to your website for one year
- 10 complimentary generic iCare™ grief support portal webkey cards for your families
- Member pricing on custom webkey cards for your funeral home
- 1.05 CEU and 10.5 contact hours
- and more!
Your iCare™ webkey
The iCare™ webkey is a simple USB that when plugged into any computer, it automatically launches the iCare™ grief support web portal where families can access resources.
Certified Aftercare Specialists™ receive their own custom URL to the iCare™ grief support web portal along with member pricing on custom webkeys that connect grieving families to resources they need after loss. Your funeral home receives the recognition while the families get the support they need.
Aftercare doesn’t get any easier.
Aftercare: The cornerstone of funeral service
As the oldest caregiving professionals is the world, funeral homes have long been the first stop on the bereavement journey. Providing aftercare is a natural extension of funeral service, and an important opportunity for funeral professionals to build client relationships.
A Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is equipped to go above and beyond services provided by most other funeral homes. These outreach efforts provide critical support and help strength both community outreach and family ties that benefit your clients—and your business.
The certification aligns with the NFDA’s Pursuit of Excellence award by helping funeral professionals to develop and execute a program or service that has a positive impact on those served.
The importance of certification
The CAS designation is the gold standard for quality and ethical practices in aftercare and the only accredited aftercare credentialing that can be achieve in the funeral industry. Those who earn the CAS credential are designated as funeral service professionals who are dedicated to investing in family and community care. It establishes credibility and expertise in the field of bereavement skills with delivery of effective, useful and quality outreach.
The Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is approved by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice for 1.05 continuing education credits and 10.5 contact hours (APFSP Category A).HOST TRAINING
To host a training and earn free registration, contact Linda Findlay at 315-725-6132 or submit the form below.
HOW IT WORKS
Your organization serves as the host, and provides:
- Meeting space that can accommodate classroom style seating for up to 25 people to include tables and chairs
- Projector, screen, audio connections and mic
- Full-day beverage service
- Course promotion to other funeral professionals and organizations
- Requires minimum of 10 registrants
International Grief Institute provides the training, and:
- Covers expenses for all instructors
- All training material
- Website registration
- 1 complimentary registration to your organization for every 10 registrants
- 10.5 contact hours of instruction and 1.05 CEUs accredited by the APFSP
- Registration and processing, continuing education approval application to state licensing boards
- Post-training continuing education processing as required