MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
From first responders to last responders, IGI’s well-designed certifications help you impact the community in a positive way.
IGI’s innovative certifications equip you with the skills you need to make a lasting impact on those you serve. From funeral professionals developing aftercare programs to community members providing peer support, IGI’s certification is a respected mark of credibility.
West Coast: Lynda Cheldelin Fell | 360-510-8590
East Coast: Linda Findlay | 315-725-6132
Aligned with the NFDA’s Pursuit of Excellence, the Certified Aftercare Specialist™ is the only accredited aftercare certification that equips funeral professionals with the language, tools and practical methods needed to continue a meaningful connection with clients after a funeral.
FOR FUNERAL PROFESSIONALS:
- Funeral directors
- Funeral staff
- Certified celebrants
Designed for those who have lost a loved one and want to coach other community members through grief, this enhanced peer support training is the first of its kind to blend practical knowledge, applied experience, and the pillars of trauma into a comprehensive certification.
- Who’ve experienced firsthand loss
- Who want to do more than grief coaching
- Who want to facilitate support groups, community events and workshops
The Corporate Bereavement Buddy™ program is designed to train individual staff who are willing to provide critical support when a bereaved employee returns to work. The curriculum teaches how to monitor for triggering, mitigate unsafe situations, act as a liaison with HR, and more.
- Who desire to support bereaved coworkers
- Who desire to understand how trauma affects the workplace
- Who want to add value to their skillset
Debriefing is a Critical Incident Stress Management technique designed to assist employees who are coping with psychological and emotional trauma that occurred within or near the workplace. Specialists learn to provide skilled debriefing for organizations in their community.
- For those interested in Critical Incident Stress Management
- Must have completed either iCare Grief Support Specialist™ or Corporate Bereavement Buddy™