The IGI Corporate Bereavement Buddy certification program is designed to train individual staff to provide monitoring of a bereaved employee when he or she returns to work. The curriculum teaches how to pair with a bereaved employee, monitor for triggering and unsafe situations, monitor work atmosphere, and function as a liaison with management.
ABOUT THE CURRICULUM:
Certification includes 5 modules that cover core components of grief, how to support the bereaved within the work environment, and liaison guidelines with management. Each 90-minute module is followed by an online exam to test and ensure understanding and competency as a certified Corporate Bereavement Buddy.
Students will learn:
- Core components of grief
- How to support the bereaved employee as they transition back to work
- How to monitor for triggers, warning signs, and potentially unsafe situations before they escalate
- How to monitor work atmosphere and stay ahead of predatory employees
- How to set guidelines as a liaison with management
HOW TO EARN CERTIFICATION:
Individuals seeking to earn professional certification as a Corporate Bereavement Buddy must:
- Submit the enrollment form
- Complete all 5 modules within six months
- Earn 80% or better on each competency exam
Successful graduates will be certified as a Corporate Bereavement Buddy through the International Grief Institute.
Full tuition: $825 divided across 5 modules at $165 each. This allows students to pay as they go. Students can save $200 by paying in full at time of registration. Tuition is payable by debit or credit card, PayPal, and check (U.S. funds only),